Vision & Values
Our vision is flourishing in learning and love within a happy, Christian community.
‘Do everything in love.’ (1 Corinthians 16:14) underpins this vision.
Our values are the ways that we seek to do things at Victoria. As a Church of England School, these are rooted in the Christian faith, but are values that are important to us, whatever our faith or background. The values are taught to children in order for them to have a knowledge and understanding of different life values and skills which will help to make them well rounded and valuable members of the community.
We talk and learn about these through our worship and in class, but we try to put them into practice in every situation at school.
We have fourteen values that we work through as a school over a two-year cycle:
Our core values that we feel are particularly important to us as a school community are:
Everything we do is underpinned by these core values and by a set of beliefs, which respect the value and potential of each individual and recognise the holistic approach to development.
We also have a duty and responsibility to ensure that our school promotes and develops British Values amongst our pupils. You can find out how we do this here.
- To be proud of ourselves and each other for always being the best that we can be
- To be happy and safe, and feel part of a caring school family
- To love learning through exciting, creative opportunities
- To know that we are all special in God’s eyes
- To have a sense of responsibility and the confidence to stand up for what is right in our world
- To work together to prepare us for ‘life in all its fullness’
- To practise Christian values in everything we do
Our ethos statement is rooted in our Church of England foundations:
- We will preserve and develop our religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with
our parish and diocese.
- We will serve our community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice.
- We will encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promote Gospel values in all that we do.
As a Church of England school, we welcome those who live by all faiths or no faith, as partners with whom we build our school community. True Christian hospitality is generosity, resourced from God’s own generosity and knows no boundaries.
We are proud to be an inclusive family in which to belong; a place to explore and go deeper in learning; a place to pray, grow and serve.